Steph's Ultra Chocolatey Coffee Brownies
As chocolate lovers, one of our favourite bakes of all time are brownies! Basic and quick recipes are a great way to cure a chocolate craving and we have a great recipe that will surely become a go-to for gatherings, parties or even an indulgent treat for yourself and family. Whilst remaining simple, this brownie recipe uses our Dark Chocolate and Welsh Roasted Coffee bars, which will bring a richness to your brownies. Don't worry, these brownies do not taste like coffee! The coffee from our bars only enhances the chocolaty goodness! You can also add chocolate chunks to this recipe or nuts if you choose to!
- 300g Dark chocolate & Welsh roasted coffee (3 bars)
- 100g granulated sugar
- 250g light brown sugar
- 225g butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 160g plain flour
- 45g dark cocoa powder
- (optional) 100g chocolate chunks or nuts
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees celsius and line a 10 inch baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place your chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, keep on a medium heat until both the chocolate and the butter are melted.
- Take your chocolate mix off the heat and add in the granulated sugar, light brown sugar and your salt, mix until combined.
- Leave the mixture to cool for a while, then whisk in the vanilla, eggs and egg yolks, two at a time, to make sure they fully incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, weigh out your plain flour and cocoa powder. Then sift them into your chocolate mixture.
- Fold in your dry ingredients until everything has combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the tray and level out with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 30 minutes, making sure to turn them half way through, so your brownies bake evenly.
Once your brownies are baked, you can either leave them to cool for 5 -10 minutes and serve warm or you can leave them to cool completely and store them in an airtight container for up to 4 days.