Join the Team!
Our Little Welsh Chocolate Company is growing and we're on the look out for creative, enthusiastic and hard working people to join our little team during our busy season.
For the right person, there will be long term opportunities for further development and promotion within the company.
If you like the sound of a vacancy below, pop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and a short paragraph on why you think you'd be a good fit for the role.
32 hours per week | £9.50 per hour
We are looking for an Apprentice Chocolatier to join our team! If you have tons of initiative, enjoy being busy and thrive under pressure, we want to hear from you. The right person will be reliable, organised, have a methodical and calm approach and will have plenty of energy. The role can be physically demanding and will involve spending long hours on your feet as well as lifting heavy items, eg 15kg bags of chocolate. You will need to be adaptable as the work is varied, have an excellent eye for detail, and work well as part of a team. You will be the kind of person who sees a job that needs doing and does it without waiting to be asked. Good IT/tech skills are a must for this role.
- Perform opening and closing checks, ensuring the workplace is clean and hygienic at all times.
- Clean and polish chocolate moulds.
- Ensure trays are clean and ready to use.
- General cleaning tasks as needed.
- Liaise with line manager when stock/kitchen equipment is running low.
- Make batches of chocolate bars, following recipes precisely and carefully.
- Ensure batches are recorded and labelled meticulously.
- Clean machines thoroughly after use and re fill them.
- Perform monthly checks on ingredients, ensuring shelf lives are adequate and rotating stock as necessary.
- Packaging chocolate bars and performing quality control checks at various stages throughout the production process.
- Package orders and process them using Shopify and Royal Mail’s Click and Drop Platform.
- Help to create content for social media platforms.
- Be a positive ambassador for the company in and out of work hours.
- Actively learn about chocolate techniques both in and out of work hours.
- Be flexible to suit the needs of the business.
Level 2 Food Hygiene and 6months+ kitchen experience is preferred for this role.
Send us your CV with a covering email/letter detailing why you think you would be suitable for the role.