FUDGEY CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
Who doesn't love fudgey, gooey chocolate brownies as a weekend treat? This recipe is gluten free, making it an absolute winner! You could play about with the flavours by using different chocolate bars from our range. The chocolate orange bar works a treat, along with the maple and pecan. For this recipe we've kept it simple and used our classic plain dark chocolate for the batter and our plain milk chocolate for the chunks.
- 250g unsalted butter (cubed)
- 250g dark chocolate
- 4 large eggs
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste/extract
- 100g gluten free flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 150g milk chocolate (broken up into chunks)
- Peanut butter/salted caramel - optional
1. Heat your oven to 180C / 160C fan. Prepare the baking tin by greasing it with butter and lining it with parchment paper.
4. Add the cooled chocolate and butter to the egg and sugar mix, along with the vanilla. Carefully and gently fold together until you have a lovely thick chocolatey batter.
5. Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder. Continue to fold until just combined. Gently mix in your chocolate chunks and sea salt.
6. Pour into the baking tray. At this point you could add in some peanut butter and/or salted caramel and swirl through the surface of the brownie batter.
7. Pop into the oven and bake for around 30 minutes. Leave to cool fully before cutting and serving (if you can wait that long)!